What We Treat: Conditions and Disorders
Dr. Rudominer is experienced in the treatment of many disorders and conditions, some of which are listed below.
- Anxiety: panic attacks, phobias: unrealistic fearfulness, nervousness in response to the anticipation of an event that you perceive to be dangerous.
- Mood Disorders: problems in the intensity and frequency of mood changes - depression, and the bipolar spectrum disorders.
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD / ADHD): impulsivity, inattention, distractibility.
- Sports Performance Difficulties
- Specializes in the mental health of artists, performers and creative individuals (creativity blocks, stage fright, low motivation and creativity, stress related to entertainment industry and more)
- Psychiatry and psychology for Performing Artists
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: persistent ideas, repetitive rituals that are unproductive
- School problems: failure, phobia and refusal.
- Low self-esteem
- Grief, Bereavement and Prolonged Mourning
- Adjustment Disorders: time-limited emergence of symptoms in reaction to a real life stressor.
- Conduct Disorders: aggressive, oppositional, defiant behavior.
- Eating Disorders: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge-eating disorder, body image.
- Elimination Disorders: bed wetting, soiling, constipation.
- Feeding Disorders of Childhood: eating nonfood items, chewing and spitting up.
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders: loss of reality testing, delusions, hallucinations
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders; Asperger's Disorder
- Personality Disorders: borderline personality disorders, problematic personality modes with inflexible and self-defeating ways of thinking, mood, relationships and impulse control. Overly dramatic, avoidant or eccentric styles.
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: intense symptoms in response to an extreme real stressor.
- Tourette's Syndrome and other tic Disorders
- Opiate dependency - Learn more about Dr. Rudominer's treatment of Opioid Addiction.
- Alcoholism dependency - Learn more about Dr. Rudominer's treatment of Alcohol Dependency with Campral, Naltrexone, and Vivitrol. (Read more about it on the National Institute of Health website)
It is not necessary for you as a patient to categorize your illness or even your symptoms. The important thing is to takes steps to get treatment for your problems as soon as possible.